21st & 22nd April 2019 Current Affairs
Current Affairs: Here is Current affairs of 22 and 23 April 2019 | Complete Pdf File Download Link Below | Are You Doing Preparation for UPSC, Railways etc. This is Best Place For you to Study.
International Current Affairs
1. 49th International Earth Day is being observed on 22nd April 2019. The world’s first ever Earth Day was celebrated on 22nd April 1970, in the United States of America to increase public awareness about environmental problems.
2. It is has founded by the United States Senator Gaylord Nelson, as a reaction to a massive oil spill in California in 1969.
3. The aim of the day is to bring attention to environmental issues to spark changes that will result in a healthy, sustainable environment.
4. The theme of International Earth Day 2019: “Protect Our Species”
5. Iran and Pakistan are going to create a joint ‘reaction force’ on the border between the two countries.
6. Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani has said. The force, which was announced during Pakistan PM Imran Khan’s visit to Iran, is intended to boost border security and foster bilateral ties.
7. Note: Iran has been complaining for years about recurring attacks by Pakistani militants on its security forces.
8. India has dropped 2 places on recently released ‘World Press Freedom Index 2019’ to be ranked 140th out of 180 countries.
9. The index has released by Reporters Without Borders.
11. Top 3 countries in the World Press Freedom Index 2019
10. The index has topped by Norway (1st) and Turkmenistan (180th) in the bottom position.
National Current Affairs
1. 21st April is Civil Service Day.
2. Purpose of this day: To rededicate and recommit themselves to the cause of the people.
3. The day provides a unique opportunity for introspection as also for working out future strategies to deal with the challenges being posed by the ever-changing times.
4. Note: The Civil Services Day 2019 was not observed due to Lok Sabha elections.
5. The Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances has stated that the Civil Services Day will be celebrated once the new government takes over or may even consider clubbing this year’s celebrations with the next year’s programme.
Places in News
1. Thousands of people attended the stone-laying ceremony of the 1st traditional Hindu temple in UAE capital Abu Dhabi.
2. Mahant Swami Maharaj, spiritual head of the Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS), which is constructing the temple, presided over the ceremony.
3. Indian Ambassador to the UAE, Navdeep Suri, was also present at the event.
Banking, Business & Economic Affairs
1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that it has not issued any direction on a 5-day working week for commercial banks.
2. This comes amid media reports that commercial banks would have a 5-day week as per RBI instructions.
3. Currently, branches of commercial banks observe holiday only on the second and fourth Saturdays of a month apart from Sundays.
4. The world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange Binance has launched its own blockchain titled ‘Binance Chain’ to rival Ethereum network.
5. Finance Chain will allow crypto startups to issue coins directly on the company’s platform and will serve as the basis of Binance’s planned decentralised exchange.
6. The Malta-based exchange’s native cryptocurrency, known as BNB, will move off the Ethereum network to the new blockchain.
7. India rose to 17th position in the Global Startup Ecosystem in 2019, up from the 37th spot in 2017, as per StartupBlink.
7.1 The country list was topped by the US, followed by the UK and Canada.
8. The Asian Tea Alliance (ATA), a union of 5 tea-growing and consuming countries, was recently launched in Guizhou in China.
9. The members of the alliance are the Indian Tea Association, China Tea Marketing Association, Indonesian Tea Marketing Association, Sri Lanka Tea Board and Japan Tea Association.
10. Saudi Arabia and the UAE today announced financial support of 3 billion dollars for the people of Sudan following the overthrow of longtime leader Omar al-Bashir.
11. The assistance bundle entails 500 million USD deposit into Sudan’s central bank to strengthen the country’s liquidity and monetar reserves.
12. The remaining amount will be dedicated to supporting the people of Sudan, across food, medicines, and fuel derivatives.
Awards & Honors
1. The Indian Air Force (IAF) is going to recommend Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman for the gallantry medal Vir Chakra for shooting down Pakistani F-16 jet.
2. Further, the 12 Mirage 2000 pilots who bombed targets in Pakistan’s Balakot are being recommended for the Vayu Sena Medal.
3. The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) has set up the Amartya Sen Chair in Inequality Studies to honour the Nobel laureate.
4. Amartya Sen Chair in Inequality Studies is a living embodiment of the LSE’s enduring commitment to working for the betterment of society through research, education and public engagement.
5. Note: Sen was a professor of economics at LSE between 1971 and 1982.
1. Noted Bengali folk singer Amar Pal (96) passed away.
2. He is one of the legendary figures to popularise Bengali folk songs.
3. His playback in Satyajit Ray directed Hirak Rajar Deshe ‘Kotai Ranga Dekhi Duniya’ was one of the hit songs among Bengali circles.
4. The West Bengal Government conferred Sangeet Mahasamman on him in 2012 for his outstanding contribution in the field of music.
Science & Technology
1. The Indian Navy launched guided missile destroyer Imphal at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders in Mumbai yesterday.
2. Imphal is the 3rd ship to be launched under a project in which ships are built to carry and operate two multiple role helicopters.
3. The Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) chief K N Vyas has announced that India will soon have 12 more nuclear plants to improve the power situation and ensure there’s a free flow of uninterrupted power supply for both industries and residential use.
4. Nuclear technology’s an “irreplaceable source of clean, pollution-free energy”, he added.
5. He said it’s also useful for doctors and scientists.
6. The UAE Cabinet has adopted the National Artificial Intelligence Strategy 2031.
7. Its aims at positioning the UAE as a global leader in artificial intelligence by 2031 and to develop an integrated system that employs artificial intelligence in vital areas in the country.
8. The strategy includes eight objectives and a number of initiatives, aimed at employing artificial intelligence in vital areas such as education, government services and the community wellbeing.
1. Microblogging platform Twitter today appointed Manish Maheshwari as its new Managing Director for the India market effective April 29.
2. Before joining Twitter, Maheshwari served as the Chief Executive Officer of the media firm Network18 Digital.
3. Ukrainian comedian Volodymyr Zelenskiy, who played the president in a TV series, has won the country’s Presidential election by receiving 73.19% of the votes.
4. His opponent, incumbent President Petro Poroshenko saw the support of 24.48% and admitted defeat.
Sports Current Affairs
1. In Football, the Services lifted the Santosh Trophy 2019 by defeating Punjab in the final at Ludhiana today.
2. Fabio Fognini became the 1st Italian to win an ATP Masters 1000 title at the Monte Carlo Masters by defeating Dusan Lajovic.
3. Kenya’s former Olympic 1500 metres champion Asbel Kiprop is been handed 4-year ban for doping.
5. The 29-year-old, who also won three world championship golds, tested positive for the banned substance erythropoietin (EPO).
6. The venue for the IPL 2019 final is shifted from Chennai to Hyderabad after Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) failed to get permission to get three closed stands of MA Chidambaram Stadium open.
7. The three stands make up for more than 12,000 tickets.
8. Chennai will now host Qualifier 1 while Visakhapatnam will host the Eliminator and Qualifier.
9. The Asian Weightlifting Championships began in Ningbo (China) today.
10. The competition will continue until the 28th of this month.
11. As many as 278 participants from 28 nations and regions, including China, Japan, South Korea, India, Iran and North Korea have registered for the competition.
12. Former World Champion, Mirabai Chanu will spearhead India’s challenge at the Championship.
13. Indian athletes won 5 medals on the opening day of the Asian Athletics Championships in Doha.
14. Javelin thrower Annu Rani and 3000-meter steeple chaser Avinash Sable won the silver medals yesterday.
15. Quartermiler M P Poovamma, 5000-meter runner Parul Choudhary and 10000-meter runner Gavit Murali Kumar bagged a bronze each.
LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD CURRENT AFFAIR – 21 & 22 APRIL 2019
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!